TS Agent not working for Windows File Explorer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

TS Agent not working for Windows File Explorer

L0 Member

Hi!

We found out, that it is not possible to track the user when he starts a Windows-File-Explorer via Citrix. Source-Port is used from the System-Context and not from the User-Context.

This behaivour is confirmed by Palo Alto, and it seems to be similar to

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/General-Topics/TS-Agent-no-port-mapping-when-using-windows-net-...

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClkCCAS

So what I would like to know: Are we the only customers that try to provide a File-Explorer (also valid when e.g. opening files within Office-Products) via Citrix, trying to track the user using the TSA?

Wouldn't that be a base feature that should be provided and also tested before release of the product by Palo Alto as Vendor of the TSA?

At least such constraint should also be highlighted more clearly to the customers (e.g. directly in the white paper). As a user I would expect that such built in functionality of windows is also tested during the QA process.

It would be great if others could confirm that they have the same problem or suggest some workarounds. We really would like to avoid providing individual Terminal-Servers per User-Group accessing the server.

Kind Regards

Walter

1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

Hi @LeFwAdmins 

I (and I assume a lot more admins) had to learn this the hard way like you. Unfortunately so far this is a limitation by windows which so far cannot be changed ...

But I absolutely agree with you, this should be mentionned in a more obvious place rather than in a knowledgebase article which is not that easy to find ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!