Two Virtual Routers and NATing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Two Virtual Routers and NATing

Not applicable

Hello,

We currently utilize dual ISP's as part of our business continuity plan and it looks like we have most of our PBR's setup appropriately. I am trying to figure out a way to create a static NAT entry on ISP2 via VRF that will go to the Core Network

ISP1 (L3-Outside)                    ISP2 (L3-Outside2)

|                                             |

|                                             |

Core Network (L3-Inside)        Segregated Network (L3-Inside2)

I want to NAT a device on the core network via the ISP2 link. If that makes any sense as we have ran out of external facing IPs on the ISP1 network and I have a design requirement not to Static PAT.

Thanks,

Jason

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

You need to provide more details.  Some ISPs will not allow you to send data using an IP address that is not in the range they assigned. They consider this IP spoofing so you need to be more specific about  how the tarffic comes in and how you want it to go back out and what IPs should be involved.

SKrall

I got it to work fairly quickly by utilized two Virtual Routers and getting the NATing setup between zones. The most challenging part was the U Turn needed to access the site from the inside / out.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!