unable to block google chrome updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

unable to block google chrome updates

L4 Transporter

I blocked 'google-update' app in firewall rules but I still see some of the users' browsers getting updated. I can't find any helpful logs for those users. 

Please let me know a solid way I can blocked google updates on Palos.

TIA.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SThatipelly,

I have to admit I've never attempted to actively block users from having the latest build of Chrome, generally I spend more time king sure that they actually do have the latest updates. Do you have decryption setup on outbound traffic for these users? 

We have a critical application that breaks with certain google chrome updates. we test the updates prior to pushing to clients. so, I'm trying to block automatic updates. I have decryption enabled.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SThatipelly,

I would guess that even with decryption google-update simply isn't capable of identifying traffic correctly quick enough to prevent this traffic from falling back to google-base. I would attempt to identify the traffic that is getting captured as the wrong app-id and get a PCAP so you can send it in as an app-id signature enhancement request. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!