Unable to See Rule in Output of Running Config

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unable to See Rule in Output of Running Config

L1 Bithead

Hello.  I have read only access to our firewall and in the past could do the command show config running and see all the rules in use.  Now, I don't see near as many as used to.  If I go to the web GUI and Monitor tab for instance, there is a rule named APP34-ROW-09-PAN that's actively allowing or denying traffic.  If I search this in the cli output of the running config, I find no trace of it.  Is there some other command aside from show config running that'll show all the rules in place on the firewall?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @c89217 , 

Quick questions -

1. Is it panorama managed gateway?

2. Do you have multi vsys on the firewall?

M

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @c89217 , 

Quick questions -

1. Is it panorama managed gateway?

2. Do you have multi vsys on the firewall?

M

SutareMayur

Hello.

Yes, it appears to be Panorama managed as two servers are specified for Panorama Servers on the Device tab.

Yes, there are multi vsys on the firewall.

L1 Bithead

I believe I found how to see the rules.  On the CLI I set the vsys I want to be into  set system setting target-vsys vsys2

then use command show running security-policy

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@c89217 

Glad to know that you are able to see the rules.

I was also suspecting same in case of multi-vsys but wanted to confirm first if you're running same.

M
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!