Unauthorized SSH access through port 22

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unauthorized SSH access through port 22

L4 Transporter

Hello

I have a rule that permit traffic from "untrust" to some servers in "DMZ" but only for applicacions FTP, SSL and web-browsing, the problem is someone has gained access through SSH using the tcp 22. Shouldn't the PaloAlto has block this kind of traffic? Anyone knows a solution for this problem or know how to block some ip address?

Best regards

Gonzalo Arroyo

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

I would definitely open a support case so that we can review the logs and configuration. I had a similar case recently, and the cause was a couple of configuration items (using applications listed as tcp/dynamic and setting tcp-reject-non-syn to no).

L4 Transporter

Hello,

My suggestion is after allowing the required apps ( FTP, SSL and web-browsing ) what was the service set as ? If it is "Application-Default" indicating that only those ports will be opened which are used by the allowed apps as informed earlier.

By doing so no other port can be opened to pass through that security rule.

Thanks

• 2 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!