Understanding Panorama Log Ingenstion & Sizing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Understanding Panorama Log Ingenstion & Sizing

L3 Networker

I am new to PA & I'm trying to understand the necessity of log collection to a Panorama VM.  My company is about to deploy PA-3220's in HA pairs in several data centers.  We have a single Panorama VM getting deployed for 6 firewalls (3 HA clusters).  Coming from a traditional ASA background logging is set up either to go to syslog server or on the firewalls cache memory.  I read the PA guide for sizing Panorama & the logging described on the guide indicates that the logs get used to build reports within Panorama to report on various statistics.  The guide indicated that logs are essential to building reports within Panorama not just for traditional syslogging purposes.  Is this true?

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@MarioMarquez,

Yes. So essentially when you forward the logs to Panorama you then are allowed to build custom reports with all of the information from all the firewalls that you have deployed. Without Panorama you would need to run any reports on each of the HA clusters and then either present those reports or manually merge them using the information presented. 

This also gives you one easy GUI to see all the logs from your firewalls if you ever need to scan your enviroment for different activity. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!