Uninstall issues, ex work laptop.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Uninstall issues, ex work laptop.

L0 Member

My ex work laptop has Cortex XDR 7.7.1.62043 installed, and I cant get it uninstalled.

I have admin, but cant get anti tamper off so cant go the usual uninstall route, if I use msiexec /x it cant find the program.

Need to get it uninstalled as it is blocking all activity to the internet.

Suggestions please. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@GlasgowUser,

Couple options without being having access to support to get the removal tool:

1) Reach out to your ex-employer and have them issue the uninstall command. This is the easiest option.

2) Reinstall the operating system. Assuming that you have access to the bios just reimage it so it doesn't have anything work related on it. This is the option I would go with if you were planning on using it as a personal device going forward.

I'd also really check to ensure that your ex-employer doesn't actually want this device back. Sounds like the employer quarantined the device, and if that's the case you really need to give it back.

Thanks BPry, Employer gave me the laptop when I left, no issues there, but they didnt uninstall cortex as they should, I haven't had an issue for over 2 years, its just stopped this week and now blocks all network traffic, so would like to uninstall.

Have reached out, but lots of changes in the last 2 years..so dont hold out much hope they will be able to help, hence my question here...

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!