Updates via the management interface

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Updates via the management interface

L1 Bithead

Just doing the initial setup on a PA-200 and following along in the Getting Started Guide.  Only the management interface is configured with an internal IP address and connected to the internal LAN at this point. No other interfaces are configured or connected at this point.  Is there any way to get the updates to work through the management port?  When i go to Device->Software, I get "No update information available".  If i click Check now i get "Failed to check upgrade info due to generic communication error. Please check network connectivity and try again"  If i click on dynamic updates it looks like it starts to do something and then no messages comes back and nothing appears to populate that area. I ended up registering the device online, ad manually downloading the latest antivirus and contents.  I also manually downloaded the software and updated it from 4.0.6 to 5.0.0 and then to 5.0.11.  I thought maybe the newer versions might be a shot in the dark but the Updates still dont seem to work.  I get the same errors.  Can anyone help a PA newb out?  I did search the Knowledge base and found an article covering the generic communication error but that didn't seem to help me.  It mentioned about setting up a security policy but it didn't go into detail on how.  I see how to setup a security policy for other interfaces but not the management interface.

Thanks in advance

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

Nevermind.  I figured it out.  It wasn't he configuration of the PA-200.  We have a transparent proxy and I had to deny the IP address in WCCP on our primary firewall.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L1 Bithead

Nevermind.  I figured it out.  It wasn't he configuration of the PA-200.  We have a transparent proxy and I had to deny the IP address in WCCP on our primary firewall.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!