Upgrade PanOS on PA-220-OSS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Upgrade PanOS on PA-220-OSS

L1 Bithead

For an upgrade of our small branch offices we have ordered 11 PA-220's and 11 PA-220 On-Site Spares.

Before we send them around the globe, the planning was to upgrade all the devices to the latest software version (8.0.4).

The PA-220's didn't have any problems after we registred them in the portal.

Before with our PA-200-OSS devices it was possible to download the installation file from the portal and upgrade it manualy.

With the new devices with PANOS 8 you still can upload the file, but you can't install it when there is no valid license.

Is it possible to install a newer version on a OSS?

4 REPLIES 4

Community Team Member

Hi @mtijhoff,

This should still be possible :

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/On-Site-Spare-OSS-Maintenance-and-Use/ta-p/...

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/On-Site-Spares-OSS-FAQs/ta-p/62298

In the past I've encountered issues installing new versions when there wasn't enough disk space available.  Have you tried deleting some of the older downloaded versions first ?

If all else fails I'd reach out to TAC about this.

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

The new PA-220 devices start with 8.0, we received them with 8.0.3 pre-loaded, so there is not much we can remove.

I think we can't create a case when using a OSS, the serial number is not in the list there. I will contact our reseller about this.

@mtijhoff,

Stupid question but have you tried doing this in CLI instead of GUI? I had a co-worker having issues with this earlier this month who only ever works in the GUI, when I did the same steps within the CLI it worked like a charm. 

Hi,

can you post some commands from cli how it works so easy? For me, it is not work from CLI either... Thanks!  

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!