URL Filtering - Block-Continue On Embedded URL

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

URL Filtering - Block-Continue On Embedded URL

L3 Networker

As a rule we present the "Continue" response page to users for potentially time wasting categories such as streaming media. This works fine, although we have instances where some videos are embedded into other web pages.

In these instances the browser does not display the block/continue page, just a generic browser error.

We don't want to allow all of youtube (or other such services), and there seems to be no clearly defined way of allowing a single youtube video (I've seen the posts on this but they are dated, I've also spent considerable time working with the logs to determine the specific URLs that need allowing and it is very painful - certainly not practical to do regularly).

How can I have the block/continue page show on an embedded page? 

Or...how can I simply and effectively allow a specific video (the functionality would be such that you allow the video URL, and all other/dependent URLs tied to it would be inherently be allowed)?

Thanks,

Shannon

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello Shannon,

I'm going to break your question down into two parts. First lets work on the youtube one. The following link is still valid and should work.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Configuration-Articles/How-to-Allow-a-Single-YouTube-Video-and-...

Once you have it implemented, watch the logs to make sure the rules are hitting or t osee why its still getting blocked.

As for the block-continue, we do something similar except with advertisements. We also modifided the block-continue page just to be blank so users will only see a blank spot on a page instead of text that might spook them.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!