URL Filtering Exception...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

URL Filtering Exception...

Not applicable

Hi all,

Here's what I need help with. .

I have a general URL Filter setup on my outbound internet rule.

I am filtering Job Seeker sites (Monster, etc.) per management requests.

My question is, how do I setup a rule that will allow my HR dept to be able to access those sites, but not compromise the rest of the filter list.

Thanks!

Greg

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

There's a few ways to do it. You could setup an override policy on that category and give HR the password, or setup a new URL object and create a security policy that allows members of an HR group to access those categories. You would add that policy above your regular policy to allow Internet access.

L4 Transporter

You will need a way to differentiate the HR group from all others, this might be achieved with an AD group that you can apply using the Pan-Agent.

Once you have a method to identify them you will create a security rule that precedes the rule allowing everyone else outbound web browsing. In this rule you will identify your HR group, you will identify the web-browsing and SSL applications then allow this traffic but apply a profile that is a clone of the normal url filter with the exception of adding the sites of interest in the allow list for that profile.

Commit and enjoy

~Phil

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!