URL Filtering override tab after upgrade.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

URL Filtering override tab after upgrade.

L3 Networker

I am planning to upgrade firewall cluster from 8.1.18->9.0.14->9.1.11.

9.0.x says override tab is removed.

Is it the case with 9.1.x as well?

I have lot of domains in override.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for posting question @inderjit21

It is the same. With the upgrade to PAN-OS 9.1.11 the same thing will apply. You will have to convert them to custom URL: https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000boO3CAI

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L3 Networker

hmm i upgraded another fw using same upgrade path and I can see override tab in 9.1.x...

But this firewall doesn't have many domains.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@inderjit21,

@PavelK is very much correct, if you're running 9.0 or higher you shouldn't be seeing the ability the override tab in the URL Filtering profiles anymore. The domains you have listed will be migrated to a custom URL category during the upgrade so you don't have to manually go back through and re-enter them or anything like that.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!