URL Filtering

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

URL Filtering

L0 Member

Good day

I am sure this question is answered somewhere but I somehow cannot locate it, so please be patient as I go through the problem we experience.

Our company's US URL is listed as High-Risk when testing it through the URL Filtering website even though we provide a legitimate service and product across the world. 

I did change the category in hope that the high-risk flag would be lowered to low-risk but no luck. I did contact support but did not get any responses after three emails.

Can someone please advise me as to how we can get this resolved as our US based customers are having issues with the site being flagged as High-Risk?

Much Appreciated and thanks in advance

Regards,
Jay

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@JayDevOps,

You can't recategorize your way around a high risk listing. Take a look at the classification for High Risk and see if you meet any of the criteria. 

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/advanced-url-filtering/administration/url-filtering-basics/url-cat...

It's important to note here that PAN's default action for high-risk is only alert, however it's extremely common to see customers modify this to block due to the listing criteria. The majority of my environments that I manage also all block it, but that isn't what PAN actually intends for users to do with this category. 

You either meet one of the other listing criteria for high-risk or you've previously had malicious content. More than likely though it's due to where your site is listed if you haven't had any content issues. Not much you can do about that outside of migrating the site. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!