User activity report customization

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

User activity report customization

L1 Bithead

I'm trying to create a user activity report for a machine used by multiple people. The manager wants to see what internet activity from this machine looks like, across three shifts (24 hour period). I can run the prebuilt User Activity Report against the machine's IP address, and with detailed browsing checked, and it gets everything.

The problem is, the report is over 500 pages long, mainly due to thousands of "web-advertisements" entries, because a single web site visit may pull in ads from 20 different sources.

What I want is the same report but with the ability to omit useless noise, by filtering out URL categories that aren't relevant. web-advertisements is the main one. I can't quite seem to create the same report by hand; when I try to build a custom one, I can only choose to query one database (either Traffic or Url Log), so I can't find the "Browse Time" column to add it.

Dan

2 REPLIES 2

L1 Bithead

Now that I think about it I suppose I can create a new URL filtering profile and set the web-advertisements category to Allow (currently Alert) - would that omit those hits from the prebuilt report?

you are correct that allow does not log and alert does.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!