User-id with RDP users

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

User-id with RDP users

L3 Networker

hi,

am having an issue with user-id for users login to servers over RDP, what happens is when user1 login to serverA over RDP and then user2 login to serverA user2 will get the policy of user1.

on PAN when i run the command ( show user-id-mapping ip serverA ) it shows user1 login .

when i installed the TS-agent on serverA it solved my issue but the question is i have 100+ plus servers  so do i have to install TS-agent on all and would PAN accept connection from those server (whats the maximum limit here ).

if there is a solution or workound here please share .

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@LCMember4717,

Are you actually allowing multiple logins to the same server (ie: Terminal Server) or are different users simply logging into different servers. This kind of depends on what you are using for user-id if it's AD or user-agents.

If you are using User Mapping then you may want to increase the server log monitoring frequency and decrease your probe interval minutes so that it probes devices more frequently.

If you stay with usering the Terminal Server agent then yes you will need to install this on all machines and then setup connections for all of the agents; I'm not sure if there is an actual limit on the number of agent connections your device can make but even if there was it would be device model specific. Keep in mind that the more agents you add the more processing power you will use on the management plane for actively processing the agent data.  

hi,

thanks for the reply, basiclly the servers are managed by the system admin team which the need to access frequently over regular remote desktop i think, although user-id shows that the user is logged in on from multiple IPs but with remote desktop is different.

ill try what you mentioned and see the result .

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!