User Identification Agent

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

User Identification Agent

L0 Member

I have forget to start/restart service, before configure so I have this message : "Please start the PanAgent service first" in status agent.

When I click on "start", this message display:

Impossible de démarrer le service PanAgent Service sur Ordinateur local.

Erreur 1069: l'échec d'une ouverture de session a empêché le démarrage du service

What can I do ?

I can delete informations on "configure agent".

Please help me

9 REPLIES 9

L4 Transporter

Hello Patrick,

Please verify that the user that you used to log onto the machine that the user identification agent is installed on, has adequate privelleges to run the pan agent service. Try logging on to the machine as local admin.

Not applicable

Hi,

We've had this problem too. We've been able to fix it, by means of administrator rights in the machine for the user who executes the PanAgenController.exe and besides we execute this programs with "run as administrator". This has been the only way to solve it.

Nevertheless, we're still seeing a strange message in the Show Information Window, the Agent Status says "Cannot open security log" sometimes.

Regards,

If your pan agent is configured to read the security logs of multiple domain controllers and the user that you are using for the pan agent service does not have adequate priveledges to read the security log of one or more of the domain controllers, then you will still get that "cannot open security log" error.

Configure your PanAgentService to "Log on as:" domain\administrator account and restart the service.

I have this same issue but dont want to put domain admin accounts in services. Anyone know what permissions I can add to the account short of making them domain admin ?

Your Pan Agent service will need to be able to "manage" and "audit" the security event log on the DCs to pick up the logon events from the security event logs.

-Benjamin

Any documentation on how to do this in Active Directory ? Is there a prebuilt domain role that would provide this functionality ? Server Operators anything like that ?

Thanks.

no I hadn't, thats perfect, thank you

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!