Using Captive Portal for Untrust to Trust

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Using Captive Portal for Untrust to Trust

Not applicable

Is it possible to use captive portal to force a user from the untrust side to authenticat before they can see port 22?

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Captive Portal is more commonly used with traffic going from a trusted to an untrusted zone.  It may work with traffic originating in the untrust zone, depending on your network configuration.  Please contact Support so that you can discuss your options with them.

L3 Networker

Just for interest sake, is this possible and has this been done anywhere?

Hello,

Yes it's possible and it's exactly what I'm doing on my box.

FYI, I have a static public IP address and am using many-to-one NAT (PAT) from inside to outside network.

Authentications I tried are local, Kerberos and LDAP (so last two with Active Directory integration). All working but the AD integration really helps if you are already using user-id

It's a rather basic setup, only captive portal, no NTLM or session cookies.

Best regards,

Koen.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!