Using wildcard cert

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Using wildcard cert

L0 Member

Being smart we thought it best to use a wildcard cert as we were going to be setting up about a half dozen SSL certs and various domains, that seem to be ever expanding.

One place we wish to use is on our PAN device for VPN access.

but as i go to import it, it requires a passphrase, something we never set up, and going thru the CSR process, on the device itself or elsewhere, and thru the process with godaddy there is no place to set this. 

Anyway around this, what am i missing?  Certs are not our specialty, i feel i am missing something here very basic.cer

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

Hi...Passphrase is like the key/password to read the private cert.   During the importing & exporting of the cert private key, it should have prompted you to enter a password or PEM challenge.  This is the passphrase.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

Hi...Passphrase is like the key/password to read the private cert.   During the importing & exporting of the cert private key, it should have prompted you to enter a password or PEM challenge.  This is the passphrase.

Thanks.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!