Video - Installing MineMeld on VMWare desktop

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Video - Installing MineMeld on VMWare desktop

L7 Applicator

New video, about installing MineMeld on VMWare dekstop:

https://paloaltonetworks.box.com/s/ke4ll5sc6b751czlconury05l99clggi

(music by Eric Skiff)

11 REPLIES 11

L2 Linker

Anyone having problems with install after the OVF error pops and you click retry?  Running Fusion 7.1.3 (3204469).

After I click retry an internal error page pops and the install stops.

Never happened to me before, could you post a picture of the internal error page please ?

Thanks

Sanity check my steps, although it seems fairly straight forward.

DL minemeld-vm-0.9.0rc2h1.ovf

File Import and select above ovf

Save into VM folder

Error1 (attached) pops, click retry

Error2 (attached) pops, dead.

Hope it's something stupid I am doing wrong.

This looks like a problem with Fusion itself. I have tested Fusion 6 and 8, and both worked. Would you mind downloading the Ubuntu cloud image OVA and try importing that one ?

Tried that as well, same response.  I don't disagree with your take on it being specific to the fusion verison I am running, was curious if anyone else could verify it and\or provide a work around.

Thanks for the quick responses.

I am sorry, I don't have VMWare Fusion 7 at hand to try. Maybe someones in the community ?

L0 Member

Me tto getting same errors mentioned by smccall9...

I am on Macbook with Fusion 8.0.1 version.... Need help

sudo apt-get remove minemeld rsyslog-minemeld rsyslog-mmnormalize then 

sudo apt-get install minemeld rsyslog-minemeld rsyslog-mmnormalize

fixed

@awade wrote:

Me tto getting same errors mentioned by @smccall9...

I am on Macbook with Fusion 8.0.1 version.... Need help

Hi,

I am having issues importing the minemeld-vm-0.9.5.ova.  Please see attached error I am getting when trying to import the ova.

Thanks

Abdul

@abdul.altamimi wrote:

Hi,

I am having issues importing the minemeld-vm-0.9.5.ova.  Please see attached error I am getting when trying to import the ova.

Thanks

Abdul

Abdul,

I am using fusion 8.5.10 and had an issue as well in the import process. I changed the file from an OVF to an OVA and it worked. Not sure if this helps. 

The file is already in ova format.  I am using VMWare Fusion 10.1.1.  I have tried different ova files and nothing is working.  Last thing is to manuallu configure using Ubuntu if there is no really a plug & play version.

Thanks

Abdul

• 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!