Virtual balancing and PBF

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Virtual balancing and PBF

Not applicable

Hi all,

My client need to do Load Balancing in his wan interfaces, I did the next config, in PBF I put four policies, one for the two Internet segments asigned to the first and more faster output (TRUST to (1.0.0.1-126.255.255.254) & (128.0.0.1-192.255.255.254)) the first and second public segment. Other PBF (TRUST to (193.0.0.1-224.255.255.254)) use the other interface to Wan.

Other Pbf rule using the two public segments to backup the first output using the other WAN interface and the fourth to cover the last backup segment. I tried  the config and run ok, the "virtual" balancing and the output backup. But I use SSL-VPN and the floating IP run OK with higher metric in the VR to access, but,... the real question is: When I use startics routes for other lan, its absolutly necesary to use the Pbf policies or however its posible the mix of VR to routing traffic and Pbf to "Virtual" balancing,...????

Tomorrow at 14:00 PM change the links to Palo and Im not sure,... it run or not run, thats the question,...:)

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

Not sure if I understood your question very well but If you use PBF then if you add static routes for those lans then those will not be used. Please let us know how the link change went and if the above is what you observed?

Thanks

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!