virtual routers

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

virtual routers

L4 Transporter

How can you tell if a virtual router is passing traffic? Is there a check or test you can run?

5 REPLIES 5

Community Team Member

Hi jprovine,

If you know which interface is using which virtual-router you could check interface counters (received and transmitted) with the command 'show counter interface ethernet1/x'.

hope this helps,

-Kim.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L6 Presenter

From my understanding VR is not passing traffic, it is just a bundle of the routes or single routing table which you attaching to the firewall interface (s). You can run simple "ping" or "traceroute" command to the destination to see next hot (path) etc. Don't forget allow this traffic in the security policy

I will give that a shot

I guess it would be more correct to say how do I make sure that the router is working LOL

Actually what you can to is:

- attach your trust interface to the VR

- attach your untrust interface to the VR

- go to the CLI and enter "ping source <ip-of-trust-interface> host <ip-of-host-in-untrust-zone>

A setup like this would normally be trust (LAN) to untrust (internet) so in my case it would be:

ping source 192.168.0.1 host 8.8.8.8

If the ping succeeds you know that your VR is working.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!