VPN tunnels on a ubiquiti wireless connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VPN tunnels on a ubiquiti wireless connection

L4 Transporter

I have been able to create a vpn tunnel between a PA 3020 and an Cisco ASA 5505, but I am having issues getting a tunnel to come up on a ubiquiti wireless connection. I have checked and the wireless is working fine, it worked before I replaced my cisco asa 5510. Any idea what to check would be helpfull

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

Following document will help a great deal

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-3671

L7 Applicator

Are you able to see any VPN related logs in PAN firewall  under Monitor >> System: The system LOGS should show Phase-I and Phase-II negotiation information in details.

1. What mode you have configured for this IpSec tunnel , main or aggressive..?

2. Do you have a Public IP address on both side gateway's...?

3. Do you have a policy to allow IKE from Untrust zone to establish this VPN tunnel...?

3. You can also make the PAN as a VPN responder as mentioned below.

VPN-passive mode.JPG.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Are you able to see any VPN related logs in PAN firewall  under Monitor >> System: The system LOGS should show Phase-I and Phase-II negotiation information in details. No I do not see any VPN information in the logs for the wireless

1. What mode you have configured for this IpSec tunnel , main or aggressive..?

auto

2. Do you have a Public IP address on both side gateway's...?

Its configured as layer two but using a virtual router to route out through a public ISP address going to another public IP address on the peer side

3. Do you have a policy to allow IKE from Untrust zone to establish this VPN tunnel...? Yes

3. You can also make the PAN as a VPN responder as mentioned below

Very good information thanks

You can check your configuration against this document outlining how to setup IPSEC VPN when the PA is in Layer 2 mode.

Configuring Site to Site IPSec VPN in Layer 2

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!