VPN with Windows Phone

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VPN with Windows Phone

L0 Member

Hello,

I have been researching for information about how to configure Windows Phone with Paloalto. I did not find anything.

Has someone found any working method for this?

Thank you,

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

Hi Alex, welcome to community forums.

There is an article in the knowledge base that shows how to configure Global Protect, and it notes: "To authenticate devices with a third-party VPN application, check "Enable X-Auth Support" in the gateway's Client Configuration. Group Name and password must be configured for this setting."

While I have not tested Windows phone personally, I would try with built-in client or with something from the app market if built-in client does not work. Try to configure it and let us know if it doesn't work what are errors you are receiving.

Best regards,

Luciano

Hello Luciano,

The problem is that Windows phone does not support Group Authentification(xauth). I have been looking also in the market but there is not android or iphone like rich app market.

Thank you for your answer,

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!