VSYS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VSYS

L1 Bithead

i have PA 4020 in a production enviroment , and i need to create a new Vsys(2) , would that by any means delete my current (vsys1) confeguration. , i mean is it safe to do that now.

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hi,

In PA we have a vsys1 to contain all config when you are not using Vsys. So when you enable Vsys all the current will be in Vsys1. But of course the rule of thumb will be to have a backup, and reload the backup before any commit for roll back.

L4 Transporter

When you enable multi-vsys mode you will need to assign the appropriate vsys to each interface you configure. In your case you are enabling this mode after the system is placed in production so you will need to go through all your configured interfaces and ensure they are assigned to vsys1 so as to not interrupt the flow of traffic when you commit.

~Phil

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!