VWire interfaces down

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VWire interfaces down

L4 Transporter

I am in the process of setting up a new implementation and have not reconfigured from a base install yet other than to set up HA.

I plugged in Ethernet1/1 and Ethernet1/2 to a switch across the room, while running the cables I lost track of which was which and was trying to determine which port was which by bringing up the interfaces on the switch. However when I brought up only one of the two interfaces neither interface would come up. When both interfaces on the switch were brought up, both interfaces on the PAN would come up as well. However when I unplugged one of the interfaces, both interfaces would go down.

Is this expected behavior for a virtual wire pair for them both to go down when one of them loses connection?

PA-2050 running 4.0.7

Thanks

James

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

Check out the "link-state pass thru" option on your v-wire.

Here is the relevant quote from the documentation:

"Select this check box if you want to bring down the other port in a virtual wire when a down link state is detected. If this check box is not selected, link status is not propagated across the virtual wire."

Based upon your description it would appear that you have enabled this option.

-Benjamin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Check out the "link-state pass thru" option on your v-wire.

Here is the relevant quote from the documentation:

"Select this check box if you want to bring down the other port in a virtual wire when a down link state is detected. If this check box is not selected, link status is not propagated across the virtual wire."

Based upon your description it would appear that you have enabled this option.

-Benjamin

That appears to be on in the default-vwire. Is that a default configuration?

That would do it.

thanks

James

My lab environment running 4.0 PAN-OS also has this option selected as the default when creating a new v-wire.

-Benjamin

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!