Vwire on MPLS link ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Vwire on MPLS link ?

L1 Bithead

Would vwire on an MPLS link be supported ?

I guess that traffic will be passed, but will the firewall be able to see/inspect the real data ( and thus strip of the mpls headers ?)

Bart.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hello Bart,

PAN firewall in vwire mode can be deployed in a MPLS environment and the traffic would just run fine.We currently do not have the capability to inspect in MPLS environments, however, there is a feature request (FR ID : 1050) submitted to your development team for it to be included in future releases. You can also request your SE to vote for it.

Hope that helps!

Thanks and regards,

Kunal Adak

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Hello Bart,

PAN firewall in vwire mode can be deployed in a MPLS environment and the traffic would just run fine.We currently do not have the capability to inspect in MPLS environments, however, there is a feature request (FR ID : 1050) submitted to your development team for it to be included in future releases. You can also request your SE to vote for it.

Hope that helps!

Thanks and regards,

Kunal Adak

L1 Bithead

ok, thanks a lot for the clear answer !

So, just to clarify, if I use Vwire to pass traffic through the firewall it won't inspect the traffic? So, I won't have any application specific details about the MPLS traffic? How does the PA display the traffic in the logs?

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!