what cli command to allow does 'ip ttl reaches zero' drop count ??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

L4 Transporter

Hello

FW tust interface don't reply to traceroute.

traceroute reply traffic drop by 'ip ttl reaches zero' drop count.

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hello Cheon,

Is ping enabled for the interface through interface management profile. Traceroute uses icmp to calculate the hops.

Thanks

Hello Phoenix,

I made ping is enabled for the interface through interface management.

Also I made all allowed security rule.

FW configuration is no problem.

I have seen dropped pcap file.

TTL value in dropped request packet was 1.

This value was not zero.

Why was this traceroute request packet dropped??

Thanks.

Hello Cheon,

The counter "ip ttl reaches zero" indicates that the packet reaching the device has value ttl 0. This indicating that the packet sent has low ttl value. OR there is a routing loop where they ttl is reducing as it is looping.

If we can take packet capture on the device one hop before PAN and look at capture details for header information we should be seeing what ttl value is set on the packet before reaching the firewall.

Thanks

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!