What 's meaning of "User '' failed authentication. Reason: Thread limit reached"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

What 's meaning of "User '' failed authentication. Reason: Thread limit reached"

L0 Member

Hello,

I used Captive Portal in my environment. I found log "User '' failed authentication.  Reason: Thread limit reached" show on my system some time when the Captive Poratl page fail to logging in.

Which Thread has limited by the system. Could you provide me the trobleshoot step or command line to show the thread limit.

Thank you,

Wasawath

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

Hello,

This could be a problem with management plane resources. You can check the resource utilization by running

> show system resources

Mem:   2575900k total,  2416320k used,   159580k free,    86688k buffers

Swap:     7992k total,      968k used,     7024k free,  1523712k cached

Check for large amount of Swap used and low amount of memory free. In this example, there is low swap and high free.

You can also check for any core files that may have been created. There should be a timestamp you can correlate with the logs entry.

> show system files

If everythings checks out, gathering the following counter every few seconds while the problem is occurring may provide more insight.

> show counter global name session_svc_cp

Please open a case with your support team with this information so we can further investigate the problem.

- Stefan

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!