Whitelisting a url with 2 different ip address

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Whitelisting a url with 2 different ip address

L0 Member

Just wanting to make sure I am doing this properly so it works how its accurately. I am trying to whitelist 2 different IP's and a single url https address. I am trying to do this for a specific group of users on the firewall are able to access it and not a huge group.

1 REPLY 1

Hi @heidiiniguez,

If you want to be as more specific as possible your security rule should be using:

- Source user group for only the allowed users

- Destination addresses - either you can use static IP addresses, or FQDN object. (If there the DNS resolution for the FQDN doesn't change very often)

- Custom URL category specifing the domain you want to allow (for example - mypage.example.com)

Using custom URL category as match criteria in the security rule will ensure that users are allowed to only specific web site, even if the IP address is hosting multiple different web site/domains. I would recommend you to still define destination address, which will limit the noise from this rule

• 1 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!