why hacktool vulnerability is set to medium action alert?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

why hacktool vulnerability is set to medium action alert?

Hello,

I've been looking a history entries in our threat log and it seems to me that most of the default settings for vulnerabilities - "action" are set to low, for example to "alert" - although they classify the threat as "medium" or "high". For example in the screenshot below the threat of this hacktool is set to "alert". Shouldn't this be a set at east to a drop\reset, etc or something that doesn't allow it? What's Palo's thinking behind this?

Thanks.Capture11.JPG

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

There are legitimate use cases for this software. Palo Alto at times takes a conservative approach as not to break things and allow the end users to customize it for their needs. I always set anything medium and higher to be blocked.

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

There are legitimate use cases for this software. Palo Alto at times takes a conservative approach as not to break things and allow the end users to customize it for their needs. I always set anything medium and higher to be blocked.

Regards,

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!