wild card certificate.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

wild card certificate.

L4 Transporter

Dears,

i am using a wild card certificate for global protect. when i tried to connect global protect agent. i am facing the below issue:-

Jafar_Hussain_0-1607017194770.png

Certificate description:-

I have imported the wild card certificate that is sign by digicert.

firstly i have imported trusted root CA.

Then intermediate CA.

After that the server chain certificate.

Configuration description:-

I have used root CA and intermediate CA in a local trusted root certificate store.

And the server certificate we are using in SSL/TLS profile.

PAN-OS version - 8.1.11

GP version - 5.1.0

I have just a question:-

is there any limitation for a subdomain in the wild card certificate?

example:- i am using the domain "abc.vpn.contoso.com.uk"

Appreciate your response.

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

What's the CN on the cert? If it's *.contoso.co.uk, it won't work. You would need *.vpn.contoso.co.uk.

This isn't a limitation of GP, it's the behavior with any certificate. 

L7 Applicator

Hmmmm...   seems a bit odd that you are offered a gateway in the first place. I assume you had no certificate error for the portal...   do you get an error if  you browse https to your portal?

@rmfalconer 

The CN on the cert is *.contoso.com.uk. and the gateway URL is *.abc.vpn.contoso.com.uk.  as per your suggestion would i need to change the common of the certificate like *.vpn.contoso.co.uk?

Let's say the url is 1.abc.vpn.contoso.co.uk, then you would need a wildcard for *.abc.vpn.contoso.co.uk.

*.vpn.contoso.co.uk would not work for 1.abc.vpn.contoso.co.uk

The * only functions at one level.

@rmfalconer 

Thanks for the detail. i will change the CN name.

Then i will try.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!