Will there be an application entry for VMwares PCOIP?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Will there be an application entry for VMwares PCOIP?

L0 Member

We are looking at offering remote access using PCOIP,  I coded an applicationm for it when I did not find one in the database.  Just wondering if it will be added.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Vmware View and PCoIP App ID's were released this week.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

L6 Presenter

Hello,

I apologize for the late response. Feature requests should be directed to your Palo Alto Sales representative (or your Sales Engineer). They will submit your feature request for consideration.

What you'll need in advance are the following:

What we need,
  (1) app name
  (2) URL
  (3) Pcaps

-Renato

I also need it.

L4 Transporter

Have you had any luck getting PCOIP working through the Palo Alto Networks firewall? From the security gateway box I get several retransmits and then a reset. The traffic logs show port 4172 SSL and then a 4172 incomplete.

Do you have a rule to allow traffic to and from this server through, even specifying 4172 to see how this effects the results?

I've been looking through the applipedia myself, and like others I suspect, only found "vmware", but nothing for Teradici or PCoIP.

Quite surprised at this, given PANs positioning in the DataCentre.

How are others handling this? With a blanket allow all rule, or have they created a custom app signature?

I think we ran into incompletes when using just a port rule.

We eventually switch it over to RDP.

L3 Networker

i submitted an app but have also identified it manually w/ an app override in the short term.

Vmware View and PCoIP App ID's were released this week.

Are you still overriding or using the App-ID now? Just curious how things have been for you... We've had several client drops but seems to be better now with overrides in place.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!