Windows Install Failing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Windows Install Failing

L1 Bithead

Hopefully someone can help or point me in the right direction.  We've been askedby one of our clients to use Global Protect but the client is failing to install on some PCs.

They are running Windows 10 Pro and get the following error when trying to install

error.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

Hi @monkums,

What version of GlobalProtect are you attempting to install? I've seen this before and the fix was to use GlobalProtect 4.1.5.

Additionally, you also may want to check out the below article which mentions checking for other Windows Installer processes (msiexec ) running causing a conflict etc.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/40/globalprotect/gp-agent-user-guide/globalprotect-ag...

Thanks,

Luke.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Not sure what version it is as it was supplied by the client.  Can you link the 4.1.5 version?

I'd found the article and tried the fix but still no joy.

Hi @monkums

4.1.5 would need to be activated from your firewall terminating the GlobalProtect portal first. (Device -> GlobalProtect Client -> Download/Activate)

You could then download the App for the end users by accessing the GlobalProtect portal like you usually would.

Otherwise, the GlobalProtect App can be downloaded from the Palo Alto Networks Support Portal (https://support.paloaltonetworks.com -> Updates -> Software Updates)

Cheers,

Luke.

I've asked the provider to see if they can get 4.1.5 activated.

Unfortunately as it's not us who is the customer we don;t have access to Palo Alto Networks Support Portal so can't download it from there.  Are there any other ways to download 4.1.5?

Bit more of an update.  The version of GlobalProtect that the client has supplied is 4.1.5-23

I've tried on four different laptops and it has failed the same way on three of the four.  The main difference is that it was successful on a Windows 10 Home laptop but failed on the Windows 10 Pro laptops.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!