Windows last logged on user after Globalprotect installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Windows last logged on user after Globalprotect installation

L4 Transporter

After installing Globalprotect client on Win7, the Windows logon screen does not always show the last logged on user.

The behaviour is very inconsitent though: it's seems to happen both on reboot and logoff. Sometimes it's there, sometimes not.

May it be related to Duplicate Windows Logon Entries (Tiles) Following GP Client Install ?

Can anyone confirm similar findings ?

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Up

I'd like to add: most of the time no last logged on user at all is shown

L5 Sessionator

Here is a document which explains the following

Which IP is Used for User-IP Mapping when Internal GlobalProtect is Configured and Multiple NIC Card...

and following documents explains the following

How Inactivity Logout Triggers in GlobalProtect

Based on the first document please verify that the routes installed does not have the same metric.

However the description of the problem you have described seems to be a different issue. Where you have multiple user login into the same client PC. The user ip mapping should always be for the user who logged in the last. If this is not the behavior you are seeing that would sound like a bug and you might have to open a  case with support to further debug this.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

Numan

Thank you for taking the time to respond. But I think you have misunderstood my question.

There's nothing wrong with GP or UserID.

By default Windows shows the last logged on user on the Windows logon screen. After GP installation, this behaviour is changed/erratic. It doesn't even matter if GP makes a connection or not.

If you boot a domain computer, it will show you the Ctrl-Alt-Del message first.

After pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del:

• login prompt (asking for username and password) is shown
    OR
  • last logged on user tile is presented

As far as i have seen windows always shows the last logged in user on windows 7 regardless of you having GP or not.

Can you try on a machine which does not have GP and does it show the last logged in user or not?

Thanks
Numan

Well, before GP installation, Windows was behaving as expected. I just checked on another machine that has never had GP installed, Windows behaves as expected.

We've only started noticing this erratic behaviour after installing GP on some machines...

I thought it may be related to what network (internal or external) you are connected at startup. We're using the pre-logon feature. The user pre-logon does not exist for Windows, maybe Windows instead shows no last logged on user instead. But I can't consistently reproduce that...

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!