Automatically resetting preferred Gateway to "Best Available"?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Automatically resetting preferred Gateway to "Best Available"?

L6 Presenter

Is there a way to automatically reset a GP client's preferred Gateway setting from the Portal?

I have gone from having multiple one-to-one Portal-Gateway setups, to a many-to-many setup where the GP client picks the best available Gateway based on admin priority/reachability. In the past end users where told to go to Portal A, or B, and switch to another if they had problems. Now with auto-selection of Gateway, regardless of which Portal they connect to, I find people are selecting a preferred Gateway out of habit, or because they were told to in the past, or because they think one will be "faster", instead of leaving it on "Best Available" to float between available Gateways.

I can turn off "manual" and remove the end user option to select a different Gateway, but I'd like to retain that in case I need an end user to test/switch to a particular Gateway. Is there another way to reset the end user's preferred Gateway automatically?

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!