Could not connect to Global Protect Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Could not connect to Global Protect Service

L0 Member

Hi All, 

I've got a Mac Ventura OS system using Global Protect client 6.1.0-58 and the the user is receiving a message that it could not connect to the Global Protect service. Logs report as per below. I've tried a number of things below. 

Any help is appreciated!

Logs:

P1839-T34567 02/22/2023 15:49:08:971 Error( 80): CPanSocket::Connect - Failed to connect to server at port:4767
P1839-T34567 02/22/2023 15:49:08:971 Error( 241): Cannot connect to service, error: 61

Resolution attempts:

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing 

Issuing the command in recovery mode: spctl kext-consent add PXPZ95SK77

Disabled Mac Firewall
Determined Global Protect is not listening on port 4767. 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ramazetaa , @Rob_5673 

Have you tried using previous version like 5.2? GP 6.x are fairly new versions, while 5.2 is quite stable

Are you sure you have followed all the steps for installing GP on MacOS - https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/5-1/globalprotect-app-user-guide/globalprotect-app-f...

Especially the requirement for allowing full disk access and allowing GP System Extensions?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L1 Bithead

Is there any solution with this problem? I tried all of your steps too but it still can't connect to global protect service.

Also tried to install windows 11 on Parallels Mac, but it said the same error

Checking port 4767 it's not running

Hi @ramazetaa , @Rob_5673 

Have you tried using previous version like 5.2? GP 6.x are fairly new versions, while 5.2 is quite stable

Are you sure you have followed all the steps for installing GP on MacOS - https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/5-1/globalprotect-app-user-guide/globalprotect-app-f...

Especially the requirement for allowing full disk access and allowing GP System Extensions?

I tried that version too, but it always show connecting state when i tried to connect. I test it from other windows laptop, the global protect app work really fine. I think the problem is on Mac OS with Apple Silicon Chip. The PanGPA.log said this :

P1307-T27139 03/09/2023 21:27:55:551 Error( 80): CPanSocket::Connect - Failed to connect to server at port:4767
P1307-T27139 03/09/2023 21:27:55:551 Error( 232): Cannot connect to service, error: 61

i did netstat -an | grep 4767, no result.

Can anyone solve this issue? Or where i can get help about this?

Thanks

Hi @aleksandar.astardzhiev. Thanks for the information. Installing 5.2 then upgrading to the latest and greatest worked like a charm. 

Thanks again!

What version is it? 5.2.0 ?

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!