I'm looking for documentation about Global Protect. The default help pages only summarize the menu options in the gui. Typically they contain no explanation about its context or purpose.
Examples of things I really can't intuitively find about global protect:
- Is it supported on an active/active firewall?
- Are there any documents with examples and bestpractices configuring such a scenario?
- More specific question right now: IP Pools for clients can be configured at two levels (client and gateway), but what is the difference and why/when would I choose between the two?
- Apparantly the IP Pools in the gateway config do not work with DHCP but with some kind of ill-described preferences?
- Do the firewalls sync the used IP addresses?
- Are the reservations synced? Documentation says the configuration is synced if the gateway is configure with a floating IP.
- Why do clients store Preferred IP addresses (up to 3) in the registry and use a fourth in the actual interface?
- Why does the registry contain references to multiple Portal configs if we only have 1 portal? It's not explained and from a admin perspective only one active config would make sense.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!
The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!