Force GP client upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Force GP client upgrade

L4 Transporter

Hi,

Is there a way to force a client to upgrade their globalprotect version? I have set the update to transparent and this works when users boot up their computers and connect.  The issue comes from users that remain connected and don't disconnect.  Disconnecting their gateway session does not force the upgrade.   

I use always on vpn setting.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Only other way is to push the software via SCCM.

In our environment we push the software  via Azure Intune and on PA we have selected disallow for GP client upgrade.

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Only other way is to push the software via SCCM.

In our environment we push the software  via Azure Intune and on PA we have selected disallow for GP client upgrade.

Regards

MP

L7 Applicator

are you sure this is because of users not disconnecting,  we also have transparent but some devices just refuse to upgrade.

when you disconnect the gateway session, do you see them getting a portal config in the system monitor?

L0 Member

Are there upgrade requirements for the GlobalProtect Client software? Example: I'm on a 4.0.X version wanting to update the client software to 5.0.3. Are there any intermediate versions that I would need to upgrade to first before updating to 5.0.3?

One Vanilla

@Bailee 

In case of GP you can directly upgrade to required version.

Regards

MP

@Mick_Ball 

Sorry for late response, I forgot to reply.   It seems the issue has to do with the windows service.  Seems that transparent upgrade only works if you restart the window service or reboot the computer

Maybe I'll use start using SCCM instead in the future

L0 Member

To install and activate the GlobalProtect Client, Use GUI: Device > GlobalProtect Client. Use the checknow button at the bottom to check for updates followed by Download to download the same. Next click ACES ETM Activate to activate the downloaded software. 

L0 Member

As an alternative to the command-line tools, you can force a Group Policy update using the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC). GPMC is included with every Service Host SysMain Windows Server since Windows Server 2008; you can also get it by installing Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT).

To force a GPO to be applied, take these simple steps:

1. Open
  2. Link the GPO to an OU.
  3. Right-click the OU and choose the “Group Policy Update” option.
  4. Confirm the action in the Force Group Policy Update dialog by clicking “Yes”.
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!