Global Protect connection Failed could not verify the server certificate of the gateway

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect connection Failed could not verify the server certificate of the gateway

L0 Member

Hi,

I set up a VPN connection according to the guide and after entering a username and password I get the following error:

" global protect connection Failed could not verify the server certificate of the gateway"
I did not find anything on the Internet, can anything help?

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@EliyaDafna,

Did you setup a valid certificate on your GlobalProtect Portal and Gateway that would be trusted by your client? Seems like you may have missed that step. If you're just doing this to test things out before a full deployment, you can always use a self-signed certificate and just import it on the test client, otherwise you'd want to actually have a trusted certificate prior to a production deployment. 

In the beginning I made two local certificates on the Palo and inserted them into the computer running the client.

EliyaDafna_0-1655188232116.png

L0 Member

We are also facing the same problem. We use a certificate signed by a trusted third party CA. Any suggestions are welcome.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!