Global Protect on macOS Sonoma 14.2 (betas and now release)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect on macOS Sonoma 14.2 (betas and now release)

L0 Member

I generally try to run macOS beta version to jump ahead of any issues.  I've been running macOS Sonoma 14.2 beta (2 and 4, specifically).  In my testing, the Global Protect VPN client successfully connects (we're using certificates on in this case) but then fails to pass any traffic.  The interface has an IP address, which can be pinging, but nothing on the VPN works.

I have tried both the 6.1.3 and 6.2.2 clients, both as an upgrade to an existing install of 6.1.0 and as a fresh install (with clean reboots).   None of that has changed the experience.  

I do have an open ticket with PA support which has gone without any real response since I opened it.  Sure, they responded within their 4 hour SLA, but the response was quite literally, "Could you kindly confirm if you are able to connect to Global Protect successfully."  No, no I cannot, support rep.

1 REPLY 1

L0 Member

Hey Eric, do you happen to have a HIP profile maybe attached to your rules? That could explain why you can't go anywhere despite of being connected to VPN. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!