Global Protect Windows logon PIN/Password

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect Windows logon PIN/Password

L2 Linker

Hi,

I am currently on GP 5.2.10 & I logon to Windows 11 via a PIN.

When I upgrade to 6.1.0 my windows 11 laptop defaults to password & I have to change it to PIN and then logon. When I revert back to 5.2.10 it defaults to PIN logon.

Is there a way to set PIN as a default when I upgrade to GP 6.1.0

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@CraigAddison,

Couple options:

1. Set the 'Use Single Sign-on (Windows) option to 'No' instead of the default of Yes. This will remove the credential provider from being displayed, and obviously requires that you admin the portal.

2. Set the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect\IsGPCPFirstTime key to 0 to stop it from being the default.

The way that GlobalProtect works is a bit funky, because credential providers generally default to the last used. The IsGPCPFirstTime key overrides that behavior until the first GP login and then the credential providers will follow normal behavior where the last provider utilized is the default. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!