GlobalProtect 5.1.8 couldn't save username & password

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect 5.1.8 couldn't save username & password

L1 Bithead

I am using globalprotect vpn to my company. I would like to know how to save username & password?

You can save it if you use older version (4.x) but you can't is you upgrade to 5.x.

Windows 10 + GlobalProtect 5.1.8

RojerChen_1-1623739795174.png

I could not find out how to save username & password after upgrading to 5.1.8.

RojerChen_0-1623739716499.png

RojerChen_2-1623740014833.png

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

I was not aware that you could do this with any version. the portal app config on the palo alto portal config has the option to allow user to save credentials in the agent/configs/authentication tab.

MickBall_0-1623840986278.jpeg

I could not do that. Only one thing I can do is change portal address, that's all.
I guess we are not talking at the same program.

Here is the program.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/4-1/globalprotect-app-user-guide/globalprotect-app-f... 

L7 Applicator

he same program. when you first connect to the portal, the portal config on the palo alto firewall configures the local GP app on your device and instructs the client to save or not save user credentials.  you need to contact the firewall admin.

What? It's really annoy. Is there anyway to save user credentials without contact firewall admin? Client user have right to save it , not firewall admin.

not that i am aware of and to be honest, your admins would probably see this as a security risk.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!