GlobalProtect fails connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect fails connection

L0 Member

Hi

I have just installed GlobalProtect and installation and first connect seems to work, but only a few seconds. I get this: The virtual adapter was not set up correctly due to a delay. GlobalProtect will try again soon. If the issue persists, please restart your system.

Tried the following:

I uninstalled / reinstalled.

Stopped WMI, deleting files in C:\Windows\System32\wbem\repository, deleted PaloAlto entries in registry localuser and localmachine software section. Did netsh winsock reset & int ip reset in admin elevated command prompt. And after all that, reboot and reinstall GlobalProtect. Same thing happens, pop-up with login, then a msg telling me I'm not connected, then disconnect with the error above.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hello @Rathsach 

Try this:

1. Disable WMI services : run - services.msc - Windows Management Instrumentation(WMI) - stop the service.
  2. Delete the files under C:\Windows\System32\wbem\Repository
  3. Open regedit.
  4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software and HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software.
  5. Delete the Palo Alto Networks folder.
  6. Delete the same if the same folder is present in any other user under HKEY_USERS.
  7. Uninstall GlobalProtect from Windows program and features by clicking the uninstall button that shows after the program is selected.
    NOTE: You may need administrative rights to uninstall programs.
  8. Make sure that the virtual adapter is not present in the Network adapter settings.
  9. Reboot the computer.
  10. Reinstall GlobalProtect with admin privileges.
  11. Confirm that WMI service is running.

When you reintall, install the lastes recomended version of Global Protect, exampleo for version 5.2.X, use 5.2.12.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/customer-resources/support-pan-os-software-release-guidance/ta-...

Best regards

High Sticker

Hi

I did try that solution, maybe not that clear from my opening text, but that one has been tried.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!