Hello everyone, Palo Alto noobie here 🙂
I am trying to configure GlobalProtect VPN with MFA authentication using Kerberos authentication protocol against AD and RSA hard tokens.
I have configured the GlobalProtect portal and gateway using different loopbacks. For the portal authentication I am using only Kerberos while for the gateway authentication I intent to use MFA (Kerberos + RSA)
In order to configure MFA for the VPN gateway I did the following:
1. Created MFA server Profile with MFA Vendor: RSA SecurID Access
2. Linked the MFA server profile to the Authentication profile: Authentication: Kerberos Server profile, Factors: MFA server profile
3. Enabled Captive Profile with the authentication profile described above, and redirect host uses the same loopback as GlobalProtect portal.
4. Created interface management with response pages and user-ID
5. Linked interface management profile with the loopback used for GlobalProtect portal and captive portal
6. In the zone where GlobalProtect portal and captive portal are assigned, User_ID is enabled
7. Created new Autentication object: Authentcation Method:web-form Authentication Profile: one created in bullet 2
8. Created Authentication Policy: defining just source and destination zone, leaving service to any and assigning authentication enforcement to the one created in bullet 8.
9. Under GlobalProtect portal Configuration for the authentication using kerberos profile
10. Under GlobalProtect Portal Configuration under agent config:
- authentication: components that require 2FA: internal gw and external gw are checked
-app: Use SSO (win): NO,
-app: Enable inbound authentication prompts from MFA gw: YES
-app: Trusted MFA GW: IP of the RSA server
After installing the GlobalProtect client from the Configuration Portal the situation is following:
- after entering the Configuration Portal IP I am prompted to logon
- after the portal logon is successful I am prompted to authenticate on the Configuration Portal gateway after entering the username and password I am connected. No prompts for the second factor authentication and no captive portal is opening but it's connecting successfully.
What am I doing wrong?
Anyone had the similar issue?
Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!
The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!