GlobalProtect on Mac M1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect on Mac M1

L1 Bithead

Hi everyone

Has anyone tried running GlobalProtect on one of the new Macs with the M1 processor under Rosetta2? Is it working?

Is a GlobalProtect version for Apple Silicon currently being developed?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@LucaMorelliIREN,

It's working with the 5.2.3 and 5.2.4 agent. I'm sure official support is being worked on, but I haven't noticed anything not working correctly in my current testing. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@LucaMorelliIREN,

It's working with the 5.2.3 and 5.2.4 agent. I'm sure official support is being worked on, but I haven't noticed anything not working correctly in my current testing. 

Thanks!

Just wanted to follow up on this thread to state that in GlobalProtect 5.2.5, the following feature was added:

GlobalProtect for ARM-Based macBooks Using Rosetta Translation

So, in other words, as long as the Rosetta Translation is running, that GP 5.2.5 will support the new M1 Arm Apple chips.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Hi @jdelio, thanks for the follow up!
I've been running the 5.2.4 version over Rosetta since the end of December and I haven't found any problem yet, but since the 5.2.5 is "certified" for M1 I'll upgrade to it soon.

L0 Member

I've been using it, and I'm getting very odd DNS issues. Multiple times during the day, my DNS stops working. It's always DNS, and I notice that my local router is not in the DNS list. I add it back, and all works.. but it KEEPS happening.

I can't positively identify GlobalProtect, but it is a likely suspect. Never had this on my previous mac.. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!