GlobalProtect -Select Certificate Error?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

GlobalProtect -Select Certificate Error?

L0 Member

Hello, I'm a help desktop tech. I have a user who is asking why he is receiving this error message. I'm not sure myself, can someone explain it to me. Thank you

f40b664a87572550179d85d4dabb355f.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

L0 Member

Forgot to add, the user had the option to pick between two certificates, usually the user wouldn't have to pick. 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@CheungRJ,

The user has two matching certificates installed on the device for some reason. Without knowing anything about your environment the only thing we can tell you is that there's now two certificates matching the criteria GlobalProtect is looking for, and that this appears to be non-standard within your environment. Why that user has two nobody here could help you with. 

You can prevent this by using custom certificates for GlobalProtect with a custom Extended Key Usage OID value specified in the certificate to have GlobalProtect automatically select the proper certificate when multiple certificates are present. Many environments will never configure this as having multiple matching certificates on a single device would be an extreme edge-case scenario and issuing out a dedicated certificate has additional overhead. 

As per BPry but are the certificate cn/subjalt the same.. perhaps you are using this in the GP portal app and GP is also detecting a cert in the computer personal store..

MickBall_0-1686675941539.png

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!