GlobalProtect VPN client v6 for macOS usability feedback

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect VPN client v6 for macOS usability feedback

L0 Member

Dear developers,

As a Mac user, I am enjoying the consistent userinterface, behaviour and keyboard shortcuts that many well-written macOS applications offer.

So I’d like to give you some constructive feedback on your new VPN client, so you can offer your Mac users an even better secure environment than currently is available.

First of all, a positive fact is that the v6 client builds a connection much faster than v5.

Still, the client does not yet feel completely native in macOS, because clicking the icon in the menubar and then holding the mousebutton/trackpad down does not reveal (after a short delay) your VPN connect dialog. It currently needs a release and than an extra click instead, which is standard behaviour in another much-used operating system, but not on macOS. Maybe you can amend this for consistency? I would expect to click the menubar icon, see the dialog appear, move my cursor (while still holding down the button/trackpad) to the ‘connect’ button, activating it by releasing my button/trackpad.

Furthermore, especially in my usecase, it would be quite handy if a keyboard shortcut could be defined to connect/disconnect the VPN connection, as I regularly need to switch. MacOS traditionally offers users many ways to use keyboard shortcuts for often-used functionality, with to addition of being able to configure and choose ones own shortcuts. Such a keyboard shortcut (Or 2, or toggle), would also accommodate users with a small screen and many menubar items that could push the VPN icon out of sight.

Thanks for your attention to this.

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!