GlobalProtect Welcome screen links - PanGPA.exe authentication

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect Welcome screen links - PanGPA.exe authentication

L3 Networker

Hi, for long period of time we are using global protect welcome screen including url links to web applications.

Those links are for easy access to internal web applications, lately there was a change on the global protect client behavior which cause two authentication windows pop up to show for the end user double authentication.

One in windows security popup with PanGPA.exe and the other in the default internet browser for web application sign in.

Does anyone else facing the same issue with the PanGPA.exe new features?

I'm trying to remove the PanGPA authentication and leave the browser authentication only without success.

Currently we are using GP version 5.2.11 (I also tested it with newer version 5.2.12 or older version 5.2.6 and 5.0.9) doing the same issue of the double authentication windows.   

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

[update]

I noticed that globalprotect is trying to open the links from the welcome popup window and at the same time open them on the default browser.

I found a way to add to the link a command to force the it to be opened in MS-Edge.

microsoft-edge:https://www.google.com

I don't since when it is going like this but this fix works.  

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!