GP portal error when unlocking PC.

deepak12
L3 Networker

GP portal error when unlocking PC.

Hi All ,

We have issue where user get VPN error when unlocking PC post it returns from sleep mode .

After manual refresh its working as expected .

Any suggestions on this .

Thanks

davidmary
L1 Bithead

I have the same issue with a few users, but it is their craptastic keyboards. They will occasionally keep the caps lock on but not light the light on the keyboard.

davidmary
L1 Bithead

I have a user that cannot log in once their computer is locked. They get an invalid password message. I can around this by unlocking with the domain account and logging off...they are then able to successfully log on. A  will also allow for successful logins. I can confirm there is no screen saver or keyboard errors.

MandarKulkarni
L4 Transporter

what is error you get ?

SD-WAN | Cloud Networking | PCNSE | ICSI CNSS | MCNA | | CCNP | CCSA | SPSP | SPSX | F5-101 | CCIE-SEC-Attempted
deepak12
L3 Networker

@MandarKulkarni 

We have multiple gateway configured. So problem is User is connecting to different gateway when device return from sleep mode .

Thanks 

MandarKulkarni
L4 Transporter

you have set preferred gateway ?

Did you configure tunnel retention under global protect portal profile ?

SD-WAN | Cloud Networking | PCNSE | ICSI CNSS | MCNA | | CCNP | CCSA | SPSP | SPSX | F5-101 | CCIE-SEC-Attempted
deepak12
L3 Networker

@MandarKulkarni 

Yes , we have set the  preferred gateway .

Regarding tunnel retention  : Are you referring  " Preserve tunnel on user Logoff "  ? Can you attach the snip or provide details  for reference .

Thanks 

MandarKulkarni
L4 Transporter

find attached

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/5-0/globalprotect-app-new-features/new-features-rele...

deepak12
L3 Networker

@MandarKulkarni ,

Thanks for the details , however i think its not applicable in my case .

After sleep mode , user are connecting to different gateway , however when they are manually refreshing the connection  , able to connect preferred gateway ..

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!