GP Welcome Page Pop-Up Placement

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GP Welcome Page Pop-Up Placement

L1 Bithead

Hi,

We have a number of GP users operating clients running 4.07 and some using version 5.x.  There is an odd (Annoying) issue that those running the later versions of GP have noticed and its to do with the pop-up placement of the Welcome Screen.  In 4.07 the Welcome screen appears after the authentication has been successful with the GP gateway.  That's great, as we use the Welcome Screen as an indication you have connected and provide info on onward URL's.

But on the newer clients the pop-up appears as soon as the authentication on the GP Portal has completed.  This is a pain for us running 2FA as our users aren't yet able to use resources yet as they still need their second authentication credentials for the gateway.  I see in the release notes for version 4.7 that the placement of the Welcome Screen after the gateway was a bug!  I would argue it was a feature and I now have a bug.

GPC-7314Fixed an issue on Windows endpoints where the GlobalProtect app displayed the Welcome page only after connecting to a GlobalProtect gateway instead of after connecting to the GlobalProtect portal.

Can someone enlighten me as to whether anyone else feels my pain or whether there is any other solution to this so I get a welcome page pop-up after the gateway authentication?  

Regards

Mike

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

Sorry...Small Typo in the client version 4.7 is meant to be 4.1.7

L0 Member

I am having this same problem moving from 4.1.6 to 5.1.6. It even occurs with 5.2.3. The welcome screen appears right after a successful Portal authentication, instead of after the Gateway 2FA authentication, which is how it used to occur. Also the Welcome page has different dimensions for us even though the code has not changed. 

I opened a support case for this. 

Thanks John...couldn't see signs of others having issues on this community forum so thought it was just me.

Am assuming Palo Alto support haven't given you any formal recommendations or indicated they are investigating have they?

• 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!